If you are suffering shoulder pain after a car accident, you may have suffered a shoulder injury in the collision. Even if you sought medical evaluation, your doctor may have been looking for life threatening injuries, such as brain injury, and may not have requested the specific tests needed to detect shoulder injuries. Most shoulder injuries are soft tissue injuries, which are not visible on x-rays. A shoulder injury can be debilitating and can put you out of commission for months. If someone else caused your injury, Sheridan & Rund, PC, can help you recover the compensation you need.
Types of Car Accident Shoulder Injuries
- Fractured collar bone (clavicle), shoulder blade (scapula), or upper arm bone (humerus)
- Rotator cuff tear – partial or complete tear of one or more of the muscles and tendons that hold your shoulder in place
- SLAP tear – tear to the ring of cartilage that surrounds the shoulder socket
- Separated shoulder – tear of the ligaments connecting the collarbone to the AV joint
- Dislocated shoulder – upper arm bone is forced partly or completely out of its socket
- Bursitis – inflammation of the fluid-filled bag that cushions and lubricates the joint
- Frozen shoulder – thickening, stiffening and formation of scar tissue of the shoulder capsule, often as a result of immobility during recovery from the initial shoulder injury
A Word About Shoulder Pain
With everything you have to deal with, after a car accident, you may be tempted to put off seeking treatment for shoulder pain. But shoulder pain is not always caused by shoulder injuries. It can be referred pain caused by injury to another part of the body, most often the neck, but sometimes the heart.
When you have suffered a shoulder injury following a Los Angeles area car accident, the experienced California car accident attorneys of Sheridan & Rund, PC are here to help. Please call us at 888-640-6789 or email us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about what we can do for you.